Meeting Maritime Challenges in the U.S. Arctic
We must meet maritime challenges in the U.S. Arctic head-on. As the only Alaska-based OSRO nonprofit, we're so pleased to co-host this unique virtual seminar with our colleagues at NAMEPA (North American Marine Environmental Protection Association)!
This informative event will be held on September 8th at 0900(ADT)/1300(EDT). It will address a series of topics, including:
- a keynote address focusing on the role of the U.S. Arctic in national policies;
- current issues being confronted by stakeholders in the region; and,
- future challenges facing the U.S. Arctic Region.
Additionally, three panel discussions will be featured. One will focus on unique opportunities and threats in the U.S. Arctic, while another will emphasize today’s operating challenges in the dynamic U.S. Arctic Region. Finally, the third panel will propose adapting strategies to rapidly evolving U.S. Arctic maritime activities.
This unique event brings together expert insight from across the maritime sector, Arctic specialists, and government officials.
At ACN, we're committed to incident prevention, rapid incident response, and pioneering new and innovative safety technologies that protect life, property, and Alaska's coastal treasures. Because of our Alaska expertise, we understand those efforts are absolutely critical when it comes to the Arctic. This seminar is just another example of the added value and innovation we bring as a nonprofit organization dedicated to Alaska and our subscribers.
- Carleen Lyden Walker, Co-Founder/Executive Director of NAMEPA;
- RADM Duncan Smith, USCGR (Ret.), Smith Advocacy Group LLC;
- Dr. Mike Sfraga, Director of the Polar Institute, The Wilson Center;
- Honorable Kevin Meyer, Lieutenant Governor, State of Alaska;
- Rear Admiral Nate Moore, U.S. Coast Guard Alaska District Commander;
- Buddy Custard, President and CEO, Alaska Chadux̂ Network;
- Commissioner Jason Brune, Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation;
- Bud Darr, Executive Vice President Maritime Policy & Government Affairs, Mediterranean Shipping Company;
- Major General Randy “Church” Kee, USAF (Ret), Executive Director, Arctic Domain Awareness Center & Commissioner, U.S. Arctic
- Research Commission;
- Rachel Kallander, Managing Partner, Kallander & Associates;
- Honorable Mead Treadwell, Chairman & CEO, Qilak LNG, former Alaska State Lt Governor and former Chair of the U.S. Arctic Research Commission;
- Mr. Sean Thomas, Vice President Crowley Maritime;
- Ms. Gail Schubert, President & CEO, Bering Straits Native Corporation;
- Michael Kingston, Managing Partner, Michael Kingston Associates.